Friday, November 29, 2013

Infinite Interventions

Today was the last session I had with my student within the timeline of our iPad project yet, it will not be the last I utilize the iPad in my interventions with him.  Within this session we did a brief review of each of the apps from the semester.  We quickly reviewed the Preschool-Kindergarten transition app to reinforce the alphabet then switched over to math skills. 




The student has grown so much in his abilities.  He was able to correctly identify 20 of 26 letters and has now achieved number recognition of 1-15 95% of the time.  This huge growth has been so rewarding to witness and be a part of. 

In the beginning of this assignment, I had mixed feelings.  I was looking forward to the opportunity to help one of my students who needed the extra aid however I did not feel quite qualified, I never took a special education course on interventions and support!


This project has so boosted my confidence in my abilities as an educator.  It allowed me the opportunity to really focus on the child, what I know about him, his needs, and explore the abundant resources available in the app store that could best serve him.  Though the official project ends here, my iPad interventions will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment