Sunday, November 3, 2013

A...Apple...Ah

Through last week's work with the alphabet using the Letter Quiz app, my student made great strides.  This week, I decided to continue our work with the alphabet.  I pulled out the Letter Quiz app another time and had him practice. The student remembered his alphabet song and can identify the letters of the alphabet when in proper order.  

So with this session I wanted to ensure that the child had letter recognition when letters are not in alphabetical order from the beginning.  We began with practicing the alphabet in order starting periodically on letter quiz. 

 
After some practice on this game, we practiced identifying the letters without any order.  Within another game in the app, the student is given a selection of letters jumbled and asked to identify one at random.






We then took the practiced skill out of the iPad to the word wall in the classroom.  To my pleasant surprise once more, he could do it! I would call out the letters and he would jump to the spot on the word wall and tap the letter called.  He even without my instruction would tell me the letter, letter sound, and keyword utilizing our Fundations content.  Through this exercise, I witnessed the great strides our time together is having! I cannot wait to see what the next session will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment