Friday, November 29, 2013

A, B, C, D...

At our initial IST meeting for my selected student, my case manager and I had to present the interventions we selected for the student to the team for feedback.  In the process of collaboration, my case manager and I had decided on continued use of the iPad. The apps that I had selected met the needs of my student and iPad served his tactile behaviors.

To continue with interventions officially, the child began using the iPad several times for brief periods of 10 minutes each.  I now continue to work with him once a week for a more extensive period.  Within this week's session together, we reviewed the alphabet and its sounds.  As an engagement into the day's work, we began with the alphabet song then utilized the ABC flashcards on the Preschool-Kindergarten transition app.

These flashcards allow the student the opportunity to look at the card, answer with the letter, then tap the card to hear the correct answer.  Upon receiving the correct answer, on the screen appears a picture and corresponding word that start with that letter.  I then used this as the opportunity for the child to tell me the sound that letter made, now knowing the correct letter (just in case!).

No comments:

Post a Comment